Thursday, September 11, 2008

In the News "Politics"

Involving family influences on Politics, I believe that they should be involved in the campaign because the families actions will indirectly reflect how that candidate may run his family, therefore could show how he may take control of the country while in office. So by seeing how their families react in the news will show in a way how they may run the country in the future. I know this is a pretty big stretch to say this, but this is my belief. On the other hand is the Politics hault on the anniversary of 9/11, which is different subject entirely. I think this is a good sign in our world today because it shows we can see the more important things in life other than Politics. I also believe that as an American we can truly support the troops even if one does not support the war entirely.

1 comment:

dr.mason said...

I'm not sure your statement that how a candidate runs his or her family might show voters something about how s/he would run the country is a huge stretch. (I think it's more of stretch to say that we have access to how people really act when they're not on camera.) The linguist, George Lakoff, for instance, has argued that the political party you support is related to your view of how a family should operate. I think you are wise to hedge a bit here, however, since direct correspondences can be hard to prove.