Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Describe the situation that made you feel a need to respond in writing.
I was enforced to write an expressive paper of why I wanted to become an Optometrist and also why I wanted to become enrolled in the Dual Admission at Nova Southeastern University.
Why did you decide to respond in writing instead of taking some other action or not responding at all?
The reason why I wrote a paper was because I had to in order to apply for the Program. Another reason was because this was the best way I felt that I could express my true feelings about becoming a student of Optometry in the program.
What type or genre of writing did you use to communicate your purpose, and why did you choose this genre?
When I wrote this I was using persuasive writing. I chose this option because it gave me the best opportunity to be accepted into the program.
Who was your audience and what kind of relationship did you want to establish with your readers?
My audience was the head Dean of students in Optometry, and others who read my paper at the University. The relationship that I was striving to establish was, one that would never be forgotten and to set my paper above the other applicants.
What was your purpose in writing? Did you feel you accomplished this purpose?
The purpose was to win a position in a Dual Admission program at Nova Southeastern University. Yes, I truly felt I accomplished this when I was accepted into the program!
What knowledge of the context and culture did you draw on to guide your writing?
The knowledge that I had was, my passion towards the field of Optometry and how I always wanting to help others with there eye problems in the future.
How is thinking about your writing as responding to a “rhetorical situation” different from other ways to think about the writing you do?
The reason why it was different was because I actually sat there, thought about what to write for a long time and truly did the best I could.

No comments: