Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Questions for Active Reading pg.158

1. After reading my essay and analyzing each of the elements in my writing, I find that I can cut down on the amount of information I have. Other then that, I believe I have a distinct audience, good form, my paper is structured well, the development will be improved with the revision of information, my paper is well dimensioned, and I have a strong voice.

2. I have done the reading of my paper aloud already, and it is amazing how well one can edit a paper by performing this act. I found most of the errors of my paper by doing this with a tutor. I would suggest this practice to all who need to edit papers in the future, and I will continue to use this method.

3. The additional information does influence how I read the quote and listen to its speaker because now I am looking for these elements in the quotes as well as all writing. This has influenced the way I will read and write in the future, and will hopefully make a better writer altogether.

No comments: